Whether you have a large sprawling estate, a pure outdoor company, or small land, a dump cart for your lawn tractor can make a huge difference. Owning the best dump cart for lawn tractor not only helps in lightening the workload, but it even helps in completing the job quickly and smoothly.
As there are various models of dump cart for a lawn tractor available on the market, we have created a buyer’s guide for the same to help you get the best dump cart for lawn tractor. Before we jump into the product review section, let us look at the factors that we should consider when shopping for this lawn care tool.
Factors To Consider While Shopping For The Best Dump Carts
Buying the best dump cart for lawn tractor is not an easy job. You have to find a lot of things before you purchase one with your hard-earned money. Considering some essential factors is like materials, max load, capacity, mobility, and more helps in determining the features of the product.
Knowing the product’s characteristics from beforehand would give you an insight into the performance of the product.
The material with which you dump cart is made up of is incredibly crucial for determining the effectiveness of the cart. There are only a few types of materials which are used for making dump carts. Construction materials are generally split into two kinds- different metals and different plastics.
Metals are no longer as widely preferred for the manufacturing of dump carts like before. However, in case you need to deal with tons of dense materials like stone, you would require a dump cart which is made out of metal.
In case you are handling a load less than a thousand pounds, then there is no point of buying a metal dump cart;which is more massive, less resistant, and more expensive. Metal is more impact resistant compared to the most durable plastic.
The issues of using any metal dump cart are that it adds additional load and weight to your tractor. Apart from that, you also need to maintain it carefully, so that it doesn’t get affected due to exposure to sun and water for long periods.
Steel is commonly used among all the metals for making dump carts. Steel provides good strength without being very heavy. In addition to that, aluminium is also used, but it is more expensive than other materials. Aluminium also caters more to commercial uses than consumer uses.
Plastic dump carts might be less expensive compared to metal ones – but not always. The quality of the plastic used for making the dump cart depends on the type and grade of plastic used for making it.
Some plastics can be harder than others, as each plastic type has its own set of vulnerabilities and strengths. Plastics provide some specific benefits over metal dump carts.
Apart from being waterproof, plastics have a high melting point too. However, the biggest concern of dealing with a plastic dump cart is the UV radiation. Among plastic, polyethene is commonly used as it is lightweight, resistant to elements, natural to mould, and inexpensive.
2. Max Load
Considering the maximum load of the dump cart is incredibly important – regardless of your specific needs and why you need it.
In case you are using a dump cart for hauling things from one place to the other, the amount of items and the density determines whether you need a consumer-grade model with standard load, or a high-end dump cart with more max load.
In most cases, a conventional dump cart can be used for hovering around a thousand pounds effortlessly.
However, if you need a cart for clearing away branches and other organic materials, then the feature of the max load is not necessary. The lowest max load capacity that you can go for is 500 pounds, and anything smaller than that should be treated with caution.
The mobility of the dump cart determines how conveniently and quickly you can use the product. The movement of the dump cart does not depend on a single feature or quality. However, the wheels of the dump cart play a massive role in determining the mobility of the dump cart.
The material, thread, and the size of the wheels matter a lot. The bigger the wheel’s size, the more stability it provides. Another significant feature which affects the mobility of the dump cart is whether the frame and the trailer hitch allows it to swell or not.
Buy a dump cart which can swivel. This allows the trailer to move around easily, even around tight areas. Now let’s move forward with our list of the best dump car for lawn tractor.
By now, you have basic knowledge of how to choose the best dump cart for lawn tractor for yourself. However, to make things easier for you, we have shortlisted 11 best dump cart for lawn tractor which you can buy to your everyday chores a little bit easier and fun to do. Without any further ado, let us take a look at the products.
Top 11 Best Dump Carts For Lawn Tractors 2022
1. Gorilla Carts GOR866D Heavy-Duty Garden Poly Dump Cart
This dump cart by Gorilla Carts comes in a sleek design and matte black colour, which delivers high-performance. It is a heavy-duty dump cart which makes it suitable for both commercial and consumer purposes. It offers various quirky features which makes it easier for the buyer to use it.
It has a hauling capacity of 1,200 pounds which can be used for hauling plants, gravel, mulch, and heavy dirt. It also comes with a quick-release dump feature which makes uploading easy and fast.
It is equipped with a convertible handle that can be hooked-up behind the ATV or a lawn tractor. It has thirteen-inch pneumatic turf tires that can tackle any terrain.
It is made up of a robust high-strength poly along with an excellent steel frame. The straight padded pull-handle design and the 5/8-inch diameter axle allows the user to move it quickly.
- It can provide an extended period of dependable service as it is rust-proof.
- It cleans easily, and it is also maintenance-free.
- It comes with a limited warranty of one year.
- Some customers are disappointed with the design of the dump cart.
- It also has no drain holes, which can result in the accumulation of dirty water and breeding of mosquitoes.
Keep in mind all it’s features, pros, and cons, and this product stands to be the best dump cart of lawn tractor which you would find in the market. With its moderate design and heavy-duty features, this dump cart can be used for multiple purposes for years.
2. Polar Trailer Clam LG7, 600 Pound Capacity, Black
This dump cart by Polar Trailer is our second-best pick. It is the perfect model which can work on any size backyard landscape, farm, yard, or garden. The high ground clearance and the tilt-and-swivel make it one of the most versatile and unique trailers.
This dump cart can boast a load capacity of 600 lbs and a hauling capacity of seven cubic foot. It is built to last by complementing it with tubular frame technology, which is far superior.
It is provided with a rugged polyethene tub, and a steel frame – along with a powder-coated finish that would prevent the cart from corroding, denting, and rusting.
It comes with shielded ball bearings which do not require greasing.
- It comes with a quick-release tipper latch, which makes the work of the user comfortable.
- Even first-time users can use this product easily, as it is incredibly easy and convenient to assemble.
- It provides easy manoeuvrability irrespective of terrain type.
- Some customers have complained about the UV effects on the cart.
- Some customers have reported that they are not satisfied with the quality of the wheels.
Overall, this dump cart can be the perfect product for you if you are not looking for anything which offers heavy-duty services. Along with adequate ground clearance, this dump cart is also lightweight. It comes with a warranty period of about five years, which makes this product an excellent long-term investment.
3. Gorilla Carts GOR6PS Heavy-Duty Poly Yard Dump Cart
This heavy-duty dump cart is engineered and designed to cater to the highest expectations of the users. This cart would help the user to get their job done quickly, while having fun at the same time. In addition to that, the dump cart is also easy to assemble.
The handle of the dump cart designed with 2-in-1 technology. Users can pull the pin lock and turn around the cart’s handle. Or else, the cart can also be hooked to your ATV or lawn tractor.
It also features a patented quick-release dump technology that allows the cart to be unloaded and loaded easily and quickly.
It is equipped with a balanced four-wheel design that allows the cart to manoeuvre conveniently on uneven terrain even when it is fully loaded.
- It comes with a limited warranty of one year.
- It has a maximum load capacity of 1,200 pounds.
- It is provided with thirteen-inch pneumatic tires and rust-proof poly bed.
- This dump cart can cater to both light-duty homeowner tasks and commercial-duty professional users.
- It’s only extensive criticism is that needs to pull the latch-lever for locking the cart back in place.
- Some users have complained that the cart can be challenging to pull up-hill when it is fully loaded.
Even though this dump cart is a bit expensive, it offers versatile features and functions. It can be used efficiently both by beginners and professionals. It comes with a tight turning radius and improved rigidity, which makes it an ultimate buy.
4. Polar Trailer 8449 Heavy-Duty Cub Cart
Polar Trailer has manufactured yet another heavy-duty dump cart which comes with a load capacity of 400 pounds. It comes in a sleek contemporary design and black colour, which makes a statement of its own. It is a lightweight cart which weighs only 35 pounds.
It is made up of durable and high-quality polyethene tub, which will not crack or rust even after years of use. It can be used for hauling everything – from camping gears to yard debris.
It is complemented with shielded ball bearings which provides smooth operation, irrespective of the terrain type. It comes with two wide-track and rugged rubber tires of 16-inch for traction on all surfaces.
It comes in an all-steel frame, which is provided with a powder coat finish. It is easy to assemble and comes with a guide.
- It provides optimum balance for convenient heavy-duty hauling.
- It can cater it various consumer purposes.
- It can also be modified by the user, depending upon their work requirements. They can add wooden frames along its rim.
- Some customers have reported that it features poor quality control.
- The inside of the cart is contoured with ridges where dirt can get stuck quickly. This makes dumping a bit difficult.
It is not the ideal match for users who were looking for a dump cart for heavy-duty use. However, it can be a perfect match for homeowners as it comes with an endless list of essential features.
5. Polar Trailer 8262 HD 1500 Tandem Axle Utility Cart
This dump cart by Polar Trailer would surely sweep you off your feet. With this dump cart, you can turn your lawn tractor or ATV into an excellent all-purpose hauling machine. It is an ultra heavy-duty dump cart which comes with a high-impact polyethene body and various other jaw-dropping features.
This trailer offers the robust Tandem Walking Arm along with an extra set of tires. It is an all-steel frame model, which allows the user to balance big loads and provide them with stability at the same time.
The extra-thick polyethene body, gunnels, and walls stand firm, while the user hauls gear, firewood, rock, or any other thing. High-ground clearance and tilt-and-swivel features of the trailer, make it one of the best of its class.
- It comes with quick-release tipper latch and pass-through axle which provides for extra clearance.
- It has a load capacity of 1,500 lbs and a load size of 22 cubic feet.
- It offers high-end performance for long years.
- It is smooth to use.
- Some customers have reported that the locking plate gets jammed from time to time.
- It cannot be navigated easily in small spaces.
- Some customers have complained that the assembling process is tiresome.
It cannot be forgotten that all the products manufactured by the Polar’s are rigorously tested for ensuring exceptional durability and high-performance – irrespective of work type and work environment.
6. Gorilla Carts Poly Garden Dump Cart
This is one of the best dump carts for lawn tractor by Gorilla Carts. This dump cart comes in an elegant grey colour and distinctive design. This product is highly affordable, compared to its high-quality make and innovative features. Buyers can easily count on this dump cart to make their work easier.
This newly-designed dump cart is made up of steel frame, which is convenient to assemble, and it is ideal for farming, gardening, and doing various other outdoor jobs.
The handle comes in a 2-in-1 technology where the user can easily pull the lock pin and then turn the handle. This way the cart can be easily hooked to an ATV or a lawn tractor.
It comes with ten-inch pneumatic tires, which allows the users to work conveniently even on tough terrains.
- It comes with a padded and easy to grip handle.
- It can haul rocks, mulch, dirt, and more of 800 pounds.
- It can complete any job within a few minutes.
- It offers patented quick-release dumping feature that makes unloading easy and quick.
- Some customers have reported that working with the bolts while assembling the cart can be quite hectic.
- Some customers have even reported that the item was delivered without all the assembling parts.
This dump cart comes with a warranty period of one year. Users can easily pull the cart due to its ergonomic handle design. It comes with a durable, rust-proof poly bed. The new frame design helps in reducing assembly time.
7. Rubbermaid Commercial FG566261BLA Unassembled Structural Foam Tractor Cart
This dump cart by Rubbermaid Commercial comes in two different sizes. This is one of the most innovative products you would find in the market. It comes with a seamless and smooth interior which makes cleaning and dumping an easy job.
It is made up of heavy-duty structural foam which provides it with durability. It also comes with over-sized pneumatic tires that can be easily manoeuvred in rough terrains.
The ¾-inch solid diameter carbon-steel axle allows in increasing load-bearing effectiveness.
- It is very spacious and can carry a lot of loads.
- It can be assembled quite easily.
- Some customers have complained that the axle is more significant than the wheel size.
- It is costly.
Keeping in mind the price this product retails for, this dump cart does not offer any out-of-the-world features. However, if you are a brand person, then you can go for this product.
8. Polar Trailer 9542 LG10 Lawn and Garden Trailer
Compared to all the other models available in the market, this dump cart by Polar Trailer would work correctly on any size of the backyard, garden, and more. It is a premium quality product which delivers high performance.
This trailer offers a load capacity of 900 lbs. It provides a hauling capacity of ten cubic foot. It can also reach a maximum hauling capacity of 13 cubic foot.
It is provided with original high-ground clearance and tilt-and-swivel features, which makes it one of the most versatile and unique trailers.
- It is cost-effective.
- It offers quick-release tipper latch.
- It has an all-steel frame along with a powder-coat finish.
- Customers have complained that if they need to buy new wheel bearings, it becomes a costly affair.
- Customers have also complained that getting its parts can be quite tricky.
This trailer is fit to be used for all types of homeowner tasks. Beginners can quickly assemble it by referring to the guide. It also offers excellent load capacity at an affordable price.
9. Agri-Fab Poly Tow-Behind Dump Cart
With this dump cart by Agri-Fab, you would be able to transport mulch, gravel, sand, firewood, and more materials efficiently. By buying this product, you would be able to complete your task within a few minutes efficiently.
The dump cart comes with a universal hitch which adds versatility to the product. The users can quickly attach the cart to their mower without facing any difficulty.
It offers a load capacity of 800 lbs. It is also equipped with a foot-lever release dumping mechanism which makes towing the cart an easy job.
- It comes with pneumatic tires which offer smooth transportation.
- It does not require much maintenance, and it can last you for many years.
- The polyethene cart bed is rust-proof.
- Some customers have complained that it becomes a bit difficult to move around with the cart when it is fully loaded.
- It might take more than an hour for beginners to assemble it.
The unit not only looks great, but it also works great in almost any work situation. If you do not have any problem with its high-end price tag, then is overall a good dump cart to buy.
10. Ohio Steel 4048PHYB Pro Grade Hybrid Tractor
Even though this dump cart by Ohio Steel is itself lightweight, it can carry a tremendous amount of load easily without the user feeling any difficulty while moving the cart. It comes in an ergonomic design and deep grey colour, which further gives it a high-end look.
It offers a maximum load capacity of 1250 lbs. The cart is provided with robust wheels which have grease fittings.
This do-it-yourself dump cart does not take more than forty-five minutes to get assembled. It has enough space, which allows the user to carry the maximum amount of materials inside it.
- This product would live up to the expectations of any category of users.
- It is highly durable and has a sturdy framework.
- Some customers have faced challenges while attaching it to their lawn tractors or ATV.
- Users need to grease the wheels and check the tire pressure from time to time.
This dump cart is the best product for people who deal with heavy loads regularly. Due to its robust frame structure, users can easily use it for heavy-duty commercial jobs. However, the only drawback is that, unlike other models, you need to grease this cart regularly.
11. Brinly PCT-10BH 10 Cubic Feet Tow-Behind Poly Utility Cart, 650-Pound
It comes with a ¾-inch solid steel axle, along with a durable and premium quality polyethene bed that offers years of dependability to the users for frequent use.
It offers fifty-six-degree steep-utility bed dumping angle, along with hands-free and steel foot pedal that provides for convenient emptying of the garden, lawn, or any other haul materials.
- It is cost-effective.
- It comes with modern and technologically advanced pneumatic castle-tread tires.
- It comes with a warranty of two years.
- It can only take a load capacity of 650 pounds.
- Customers have complained about the packaging of the product. The reduced packaging damaged some parts of the cart.
It is a value for price product. The best thing about this product is that it comes with a warranty period of two years. Hence, even if the user faces some damage issues with cart, the company would replace or repair it free of cost. Therefore, buying this product would be a wise decision.
Best Dump Carts For Lawn Tractor – Your pick?
And thus, we have hand-picked the best dump cart for lawn tractor among all products which you would come across in the market.
All these products have been previously tested and experimented upon by us, so that we can provide you with an accurate insight as to the performance, advantages, and disadvantages you are going to face, once you buy any of these products.
However, you can rest assured that all of these products are highly recommended and would not fail to satisfy your work requirements!